1 German Chocolate Cake Mix (or your favorite chocolate cake mix)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Make the cake mix according to directions on the box.
2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 20 minutes.
1 (14 oz) bag of Kraft Caramels (Kraft melts better)
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 ½ cups chocolate chips (can use more if you dare!)
1 cup chopped pecans
1. While the cake bakes, put caramels, milk, and butter into a saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly until the caramels are melted and smooth.
2. Pour the caramel mixture over the 1/2 cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
3. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and pecans on top of the caramel mixture.
4. Spread the remaining half of the prepared cake mix batter on top.
5. Bake for 20 more minutes at 350 degrees.
This will not be the prettiest cake you ever make, but it will be delicious. Obviously, it is really good just out of the oven, but it is also good at room temp, cold out of the fridge, or with a scoop of ice cream on top!
This recipe and photo came from http://www.sixsisters.com.