My photos are pretty lame on this one because we had a large crowd of people around us, and I actually forgot that I needed to snap something for you! This is Julie’s creation, and the top of the cake actually tastes a bit like cheesecake.
1 (16 oz.) Pound Cake Mix
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
3 Ounces Cream Cheese
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Beat cake mix, butter, and 3 of the eggs until smooth. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside.
2. Beat powdered sugar (minus 2 tablespoons) with the cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Beat the last of the eggs into the sugar mixture.
4. Pour sugar mixture over the batter as smoothly as possible.
5. Top cake with the walnuts and bake.
6. Begin check after 35 minutes.
7. Dust hot cake with the rest of the powdered sugar.
Serve warm. If you have leftovers, store in the fridge.